June 27, 2018: Teaching with i-Tree
This session looks at Project Learning Tree’s new Teaching with i-Tree curriculum, designed for use with middle and high school students, incorporating hands-on activities that engage students in discovering and analyzing the many environmental benefits that trees provide. Students use the free, online i-Tree Design software-developed by the U.S. Forest Service and the Davey Institute- to calculate the dollar value of the benefits provided by a tree or a set of trees. In the process, they are exploring the ways in which trees and green spaces are vital elements in the human ecosystem.
i-Tree is a state-of-the-art, peer-reviewed software suite from the USDA Forest Service that provides urban forestry analysis and benefits assessment tools. The i-Tree Tools help communities of all sizes to strengthen their urban forest management and advocacy efforts by quantifying the structure of community trees and the environmental services that trees provide.
- Krista Heinlen
The Davey Institute / USDA Forest Service
Philadelphia Field Station | 100 N. 20th Street, Suite 205 | Philadelphia, PA 19103
- David Bloniarz
USDA Forest Service
Northern Research Station
Holdsworth Natural Resources Center
Univ of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003
Click here to view a transcript of the the questions asked during today’s presentation.
Please visit the following URL to register for your ISA CEU/CFE credits – http://www.unri.org/ceu
- Welcome to i-Tree Teaching Resources - http://www.itreetools.org/resources/teaching/index.php
- i-Tree Website - http://www.itreetools.org/
- Davey Institute – http://www.davey.com/about/the-davey-institute/research-development/
- i-Tree Teaching – http://www.itreetools.org/resources/teaching.php
- i-Tree Lessons – https://www.itreetools.org/resources/itreelessons.php
- i-Tree Learn – http://www.itreelearn.org
- i-Tree Resources - http://www.itreetools.org/resources/index.php
- i-Tree Reports - http://www.itreetools.org/resources/reports.php
i-Tree Support Team Contact Information
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number - Our customer service staff is available Monday through Friday between: 08:30 AM to 12:00 PM (EST); 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (EST)
Call us toll free at (877) 574-8733 for assistance
- Mailing Address
1500 N. Mantua St.
Kent, OH 44240
Archived Video of Workshop Session
Click Here to view the replay of this workshop session. The session is available for viewing on-line in streaming format, or can be downloaded for replay and distribution.