December 2010 – EAB in Oakville, Ontario
“Oakville, Ontario: Utilizing new survey technologies and canopy protection treatments for controlling Emerald Ash Borer”
Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 11:00 AM (Eastern)
Moderator: Gordon Mann, Mann Made Resources, Auburn, CA
You can view this month’s webcast below using the embedded video viewer. Just click on Play and the video will start momentarily. Alternatively, you may download a copy to your own PC. Simply right-click on the provided link and save the presentation to your desktop or other appropriate directory. You can then open the file once it is downloaded and view it by using the default Windows Media Player software.
Click Here to download the file in Windows Media(WMV) format.
Krista Ryall, PhD, Entomologist, Forest Ecology
Canadian Forest Service
Great Lakes Forestry Centre
1219 Queen Street East
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada P6A 2E5
John McNeil, RPF, Manager of Forestry Services
Parks and Open Space
Town of Oakville, Ontairo
Joe Meating, President
BioForest Technologies Inc.
105 Bruce Street
Sault Ste. Marie ON P6A 2X6
Ian Hanou, Senior IM Project Manager
AMEC Earth & Environmental, Inc.
2000 S. Colorado Blvd, Ste 2-1000, Denver, CO 80222
(303) 742-5320 (office)
- City of Oakville EAB Website
- Emerald Ash Borer Info – US Forest Service, Michigan State Univ., Purdue Univ. and Ohio State University
- Emerald Ash Borer – Northeastern Area, US Forest Service
- EAB Image Gallery
Documents and Files:
- The potential economic impacts of emerald ash borer on Ohio communities (PDF File)
- Twenty million ash trees later: current status of emerald ash borer in Michigan (PDF File)
- Krista Ryall – Sampling Urban Trees for EAB
- Ian Hanou – Hyperspectral Imagery Analysis for EAB
- Joe Meating – TreeAzin™ Systemic Insecticide
- John McNeil – Town of Oakville EAB 2010 Work Plan