New Products Showcase – March 2009
This Month’s Showcase Resource:
‘Planning the Urban Forest: Ecology, Economy and Community Development’, a new publication developed by the American Planning Association, American Forests, the International Society of Arboriculture and the U.S. Forest Service. This report, prepared by the American Planning Association (APA) in collaboration with the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) and American Forests (AF), and supported by the U.S. Forest Service, addresses the need for planners to adopt a green infrastructure approach and presents guidelines for incorporating trees into the planning process.
Contributing Authors – Project Team Web Links:
- American Forests
- American Planning Association
- International Society of Arboriculture
- U.S. Forest Service Northeastern Area, Urban Forestry
Documents and Files:
- Publication Website – More information on the publication, ordering details and other information
- Webcast Slides Part 1 – James Schwab (American Planning Association)
- Webcast Slides Part 2 – Cheryl Kollin (American Forests)
- LEAF Lesson Guides – Urban Forestry
- Project Learning Tree (PLT)
- TreeLink.org Educational Resources
- Urban Forest Educational Resources for Teaching Youth – Univ. of Florida
- Urban Forestry Lab Exercises
- City Parks Forum
- Green Communities Research Center
- American Forests Urban Ecosystem Analysis
- American Forests Success Stories
You can view a replay of this webcast by using the embedded video viewer, found below. Just click on Play and the video will start momentarily. Alternatively, you may download a copy to your own PC. Simply right-click on the provided link and save the presentation to your desktop or other appropriate directory. You can then open the file once it is downloaded and view it by using the default Windows Media Player software.
Download the file in Windows Media (WMV) format.