May 2010 – Citizen Science Monitoring Programs
“Citizen Science Monitoring Programs“
Monday, May 24, 2010, 11:00 AM (Eastern)
Kate Forrer, University of Vermont/VT Urban & Community Forestry Program
You can view this month’s webcast below using the embedded video viewer. Just click on Play and the video will start momentarily. Alternatively, you may download a copy to your own PC. Simply right-click on the provided link and save the presentation to your desktop or other appropriate directory. You can then open the file once it is downloaded and view it by using the default Windows Media Player software.
Look here for Video Soon
University of Vermont/Vermont Urban and Community Forestry Program
Invaders of Texas
Minnesota Forest Pest First Detectors
Jennifer Schwarz Ballard
- Vermont Urban & Community Forestry Program
- Invaders of Texas
- Minnesota Forest Pest First Detectors
- Vital Signs
- Project Budburst
- National Plant Diagnostic Network
- The Society for Amateur Scientists
Documents and Files:
- Invaders_Datasheet – Invaders of Texas
- The Nature of Roadsides and the Tools to Work With It – FHWA
- The Natural Inquirer – USDA Forest Service
- First Detector Network Newsletter
- Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) – The Animal and Plant Health inspection Service (APHIS) is responsible for protecting and promoting U.S. agricultural health, administering the Animal Welfare Act, and carrying out wildlife damage management activities.
- USDA Forest Service Forest Health Protection – Forest Health protection programs emphasize protecting the long-term health and sustainability of our forests.
- USFWS Invasive Species – The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is the only agency of the U.S. Government whose primary responsibility is the conservation of the nation’s fish, wildlife, and plants.
- Invasive Species Information Node (NBII) – The Invasive Species Information Node (ISIN) creates a central repository for information pertaining to the identification, description, management, and control of invasive species.
- Invasivespecies.gov – Invasivespecies.gov is the gateway to Federal efforts concerning invasive species.