May 24, 2018: i-Tree for Change Makers and More
This session looked at how i-Tree can be harnessed for community engagement. We’ll hear from the team who works with ReGreen Springfield to bring the Citizen Science Academy program to Western Massachusetts as a way to share greening skills for urban neighborhoods, and advocate for urban forest restoration through education.
i-Tree is a state-of-the-art, peer-reviewed software suite from the USDA Forest Service that provides urban forestry analysis and benefits assessment tools. The i-Tree Tools help communities of all sizes to strengthen their urban forest management and advocacy efforts by quantifying the structure of community trees and the environmental services that trees provide.
- Krista Heinlen
The Davey Institute / USDA Forest Service
Philadelphia Field Station | 100 N. 20th Street, Suite 205 | Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Al Zelaya
The Davey Institute
7115 W. North Avenue
Oak Park, IL 60302
P: 773.676.1045 M: 630.240.9513
- David Bloniarz
USDA Forest Service
Northern Research Station
Holdsworth Natural Resources Center
Univ of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003
Click hereto view a transcript of the the questions asked during today’s presentation.
Please visit the following URL to register for your ISA CEU/CFE credits – http://www.unri.org/ceu
- US Forest Service, Springfield MA Website - https://www.nrs.fs.fed.us/springfield/
- Regreen Springfield – http://www.regreenspringfield.org
- i-Tree Website - http://www.itreetools.org/
- Davey Institute – http://www.davey.com/about/the-davey-institute/research-development/
- i-Tree Teaching – http://www.itreetools.org/resources/teaching.php
- i-Tree Lessons – https://www.itreetools.org/resources/itreelessons.php
- i-Tree Learn – http://www.itreelearn.org
- i-Tree Resources - http://www.itreetools.org/resources/index.php
- i-Tree Reports - http://www.itreetools.org/resources/reports.php
i-Tree Support Team Contact Information
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number - Our customer service staff is available Monday through Friday between: 08:30 AM to 12:00 PM (EST); 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (EST)
Call us toll free at (877) 574-8733 for assistance
- Mailing Address
1500 N. Mantua St.
Kent, OH 44240
Archived Video of Workshop Session
Click Here to view the replay of this workshop session. The session is available for viewing on-line in streaming format, or can be downloaded for replay and distribution.