May 21, 2020: i-Tree in the Tropics!
This session provided a look at how some of our collaborators are using i-Tree to help communities and managers inform their tropical forestry initiatives and urban green space planning. The session presented an overview of three different projects in Puerto Rico, exploring ideas about how understanding forest health and tree canopy benefits can have a meaningful impact on community resilience, hurricane recovery, and how using these tools can strengthen connections that foster stewardship across the landscape.
Presenter Contact Information
- Elvia J. Meléndez-Ackerman
Professor of Environmental Science
University of Puerto Rico at Río Piedras
- Sofia Olivero-Lora
Biologist and Tropical Forester
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Christopher Nytch
Ecologist and Environmental Educator
Friends of El Yunque (National Forest) Foundation
- Krista Heinlen
The Davey Institute / USDA Forest Service
Philadelphia Field Station | 100 N. 20th Street, Suite 205 | Philadelphia, PA 19103
- David V. Bloniarz
Urban Forest Researcher
Holdsworth Natural Resources Center
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003
Click Here to view a transcript of the roundtable discussion log.
Please visit the following URL to register for your ISA CEU/CFE credits – http://www.unri.org/ceu
- Supplemental i-Tree Resources from UNRI - http://www.unri.org/itreetools
- i-Tree Website - http://www.itreetools.org/
- Davey Institute – http://www.davey.com/about/the-davey-institute/research-development/
- i-Tree Teaching – http://www.itreetools.org/resources/teaching.php
- i-Tree Lessons – https://www.itreetools.org/resources/itreelessons.php
- i-Tree Resources - http://www.itreetools.org/resources/index.php
- i-Tree Reports - http://www.itreetools.org/resources/reports.php
i-Tree Support Team Contact Information
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number - Our customer service staff is available Monday through Friday between: 08:30 AM to 12:00 PM (EST); 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (EST)
Call us toll free at (877) 574-8733 for assistance
- Mailing Address
1500 N. Mantua St.
Kent, OH 44240
Archived Video of Workshop Session
Click Here to view the replay of this workshop session. The session is available for viewing on-line in streaming format, or can be downloaded for replay and distribution.